Sunday, February 24, 2008

Black & White Cookies
















This recipe came from a Chocolate book my husband got me for Christmas. He keeps asking me when I was going to make something from it, so today was the day.

These cookies weren't your normal soft chewy cookies. They were thin, crisp and not overly sweet. They may have lacked the sweetness due to the recipe calling for bittersweet chocolate, which I didn't have on hand. I used semisweet chocolate. They are nice and Rustic, though. Not my type of cookie, for I like the thick, chewy, very sweet type.

Black & White Cookies

2 squares Bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces

1 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 egg

3/4 cup superfine sugar

1/4 cup corn oil

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2 tbsp confectioners sugar

milk chocolate chips

white chocolate chips

Melt the bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Remove from the heat and let cool. Sift the flour and baking powder together.

Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk the egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract together. Whisk in the cooled chocolate until well blended, then gradually stir in the flour. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 375. Oil 2-large cookie sheets. Shape tablespoonfuls of the mixture into log shapes using your hands, each measuring about 2 inches. Roll the logs generously in the confectioners sugar, then place on the prepared cookie sheets, allowing room for the cookies to spread during cooking.

Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes., or until firm. Remove from the oven, and place 3 chocolate chips down the center of each, alternating the colors. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool.

4 comments:

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Those look great! Its really pretty how you decorated the cookies with the black and white chocolate.

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

For the site bravenet counter that you have on your site, I have the code for it, but I don't know where to put it in my html code thing. Where did you put it in yours? I tried copy and pasting it in at the very bottom of my Html code, but it said that it was unable to save the new changes.
Thanks
Jess

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Never mind i figured it out lol.

Anonymous said...

These look fabulous! I am going to give them a try and I have bookmarked you!